I just need to attach a shoulder strap. Even managed to line this bag with black cotton, which is WAY above my pay grade. The first lining was far too small, but I figured it out.
Yesterday I went to the thrift shop and bought scads of 100% wool coats at half price. A Nicole Miller pale pink waffle weave. A gorgeous winter white cashmere. Black, red, camel hair, bright green. They have all been boiled and are now drying on chairs by the pool. Next step to chop them apart. The black wool one will provide a shoulder strap for this pink, black and yellow bag. I’ve saved all the linings to use for inside my purses.
I also shrunk the doll hair. Kind of a failure.
The shrunken heads are now pincushions.
Today I went to Walmart and purchased a couple of sets of plastic drawers for all the wool I’ve collected. Now, back to the sewing room to complete my third piece. Also lined! Under that button is a pocket to fit a cell phone. Tomorrow, when the black wool is dry, this will get a shoulder strap.